Friday, October 9, 2009

Letter: Those who hate city are welcome to leave it

Letter: Those who hate city are welcome to leave it
By Gene Mills • St. Cloud • October 8, 2009

Read Comments(118) Recommend(1)Print this pageE-mail this articleShare
Del.icio.usFacebookDiggRedditNewsvineBuzz up!TwitterI was prepared to offer my thoughts on the two folks who recently submitted a scathing letter in the Times denouncing my town as a racist community. (“Reports past, present prove racist attitudes,” Sept. 30.)


I knew my thoughts wouldn’t be published in the Times for obvious reasons. Instead, I’m proud to say we never hear my town called White Cloud anymore. Perhaps it’s because we now have several schools with a very high minority enrollment.
People who support that letter hate the town I’ve called home for nearly 50 years. My advice to those people: Don’t let the door hit you in the rear when you leave my town. Good riddance, friend. I hope you find a town where everyone thinks exactly the way you think.
It must be tough living with hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment